Friendly, competitive tennis on Waltham Forest's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllWaltham Forest Singles - Round 4 | Thursday 27 April 2017 to Wednesday 21 June 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 24 May 2017)
A quieter round than we would have liked with many players not getting into the swing of things. Remember we are always happy to help if you are struggling to get matches played. Thanks to everyone who did get involved and we hope to see you next time for much more tennis throughout the summer months.
Disappointing to see only three matches played, what happened? Do remember to let us know next time if you are struggling to get matches arranged we are always happy to help. Well done to Tom for playing and winning two matches to become the new group one champ. Jack also got a victory on the board to finish in second.
- Tom Rozwadowski [W2] 4 WINNER
- Jack Sandham [W1] 2 RUNNER UP
- Gilbert Ward [L1]
- ILYA TKACHIOV 10.2 [L1]
- Eric Huang 10.2 [L1]
- Hugh Muir
- Nick Mayes 10.1
Match of the Group:Tom Rozwadowski bt Eric Huang (May 10) 7-5, 6-3
Hats off to Gerred and Maria for their performances in the marathon match of the round, we can only admire your stamina! Richard didn't drop a game as he stormed to the top of the table to earn a well deserved promotion. Michelle pips Gerred to second place with her straight sets victory.
- Richard Sloggett [W4] 8 WINNER
- Michelle Greeff [W1, L1] 2 RUNNER UP
- Gerred Gilronan 10.2 [W1] 2
- Maria Sotakova [L2] 1
- Vasco Silva [L1]
- Vanessa Bingle 10.2 [L2]
- Adebiyi Ashaye
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentGerred Gilronan bt Maria Sotakova (Jun 1) 7-6 (7-5), 4-6, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Waltham Forest archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Waltham Forest.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)