Collapse AllWandsworth All Star Women's Singles - Round 12 | Thursday 24 September 2020 to Wednesday 4 November 2020 (Midpoint: Wednesday 21 October 2020)
A shame we had to end the round two weeks early due to lockdown but at least quite a few matches had already been played in both groups! A great effort and we look forward to getting going again soon!
There were 2 new faces at the top of Group 1 with Joanna and Katherine finishing first and second on 4 and 3 wins respectively, and also bagging the midway bonus points. It was Katherine who won their head to head, an "enjoyable match with very long rallies", so Joanna's marathon effort to beat Charlotte in a match tiebreak was crucial as it gave her an extra match win.
- "Very good match, much closer than the score implies" -- Katherine
- "A good match and we managed to miss the rain! " -- Joanna
- "Very wet but we had a good match with some really good rallies. " -- Joanna
- "An enjoyable match with very long rallies. " -- Joanna
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJoanna Rogers bt Charlotte Taylor (Sep 28) 1-4, 4-2, [12-10]
- "A really fun match with lots of rallies and many deuces! " -- Joanna
It was a successful debut in Wandsworth All Star Women's league for Verity as she notched up 3 wins to take the title, finishing 2 points clear of runner up Lucy. Lucy did well to win the "critical points" in a close match against Odete and Joanna came from a set down to beat Isabella.
- "A really competitive match and some good rallies despite the challenging conditions!" -- Verity
- "A fun match after the downpour. Some nice rallies and many deuces, well played Lucy! " -- Sayaka
- "Thanks Odete, a really enjoyable match and I had to work hard for that 2nd set!" -- Verity
- "Really enjoyed our match Lucy, loads of long rallies and close games. " -- Verity
- "Well played Sayaka and good luck for the rest of your matches." -- Hannah
Match of the Group:Joanna Kiernander bt Isabella Highett (Oct 10) 4-6, 6-1, 6-4
- "Great game with Lucy. Closely played but in the end Lucy won the critical points. Well done and good luck." -- Odete