Friendly, competitive tennis on Watford Parks's public courts
Local Tennis Leagues is for anyone, no matter your tennis experience. Play YOUR way.
Join thousands of players in hundreds of Leagues across the UK. Whatever your standard, we’ll find you great matches!
Local Tennis Leagues is a place for friendly tennis, where you can meet like-minded people and make new friends.
Join us now!
KEEN TO JOIN?
From the dates above, choose your Round and click on the Join By link. If the Round is currently running, and it's before the mid-point, you can sign up as a late joiner here. Otherwise, check back soon for info about the next Round.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who plays 3 matches by the mid-point of any Round can claim a FREE tube of tennis balls! Plus, there are great offers in our shop.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Players are organised into groups of 6 to 8 players of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page the day before the Round begins
- Players arrange their own matches, book courts and share costs
- You can play on any court that suits both players
THE LEAGUE IS:
- For anyone over the age of 18
- For beginners as well as advanced players
- There are various scoring formats you can use for your match
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page the day before the Round begins
- Players are placed in groups according to their ITF World Tennis Number
- Each player attempts to play each of the other players in their group once during the Round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you play 3 matches before the mid-point of a Round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the Round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop
See here for the complete rules and regulations.
New players will need to create an account with us and include their LTA Advantage Number before joining a Round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players, you can join the next Round here.
For everything you need to know before you get started see the FAQs and review the Rules and Regulations, which all players agree to adhere to when playing in the Leagues.
If you notice any of our venue information is out of date, missing court costs or opening hours, please let us know.
Cassiobury ParkCassiobury Park Avenue, Watford, WD18 7HY Tel: 01923 226400 full venue details »
Lea Farm Recreation GroundFirst Avenue, Watford, WD25 9PZ Tel: 01923 226400 full venue details »
Orchard ParkGammons Ln, Watford, WD24 5JW Tel: 01923 226400 full venue details »
Oxhey Grange Playing FieldsWatford Heath, Watford, WD19 4EU Tel: 01923 226400 full venue details »
King George Recreation Ground (Bushey)King George Avenue, Bushey, WD23 4NT Tel: 020 8207 2277 full venue details »
Meadow ParkBrook Road, Borehamwood, WD6 5AL Tel: 020 8207 2277 full venue details »
Collapse AllWatford and Hertsmere Singles - Round 9 | Thursday 6 April 2023 to Wednesday 31 May 2023 (Midpoint: Wednesday 3 May 2023)
- "Brilliant to play against Binyas, really enjoyable evenly matched game. As the score suggests the second set could have gone either way. My only real tactic was to try and keep the ball away from Binyas’ excellent forehand. Thanks for the game. Tom." -- Tom
- "Second set was very even, long rallies n good forehand by Mark. Thanks for the match " -- Sanket
- "Good game with Belal, some good rallies and managed to find a way to win the deuce matches that contributed to the result. Thanks for the game! " -- Jose
- "Sushil played brilliantly, particularly in the first set. He defended well at all times and made it really difficult for me. Hopefully play again soon!" -- Andrew
- "Fun match with Bilal, many deuce games and intense rallies. I dropped my first service game and thought this is gonna be long day, I went on to win a 6 game in my a row. Bilal put up a better fight in the second set but I was able to just edge it. " -- Arya
- "Rain interrupted - me to serve . First set very even with me gaining a 2-0 lead and having had several of chances to get back in the set or seal it but Sanket kept coming back. Second set I gained 3-0 which is never enough vs the good players. He made it 3-3 , got interrupted . TBC. " -- Belal
- "Managed to finish the remaining match today, very close match, could have gone either way. Unforced errors made the difference. Thanks for the match Bilal" -- Sanket
- "Always fun playing with Tom, Good servicing from Tom today. Thanks for the match." -- Sanket
- "Great game as ever with Belal. Plenty of tight games; I just found a bit more consistency on my forehand, which was the difference. Best of luck with the rest of your games!" -- Andrew
- "The weather was kind to us as the timing we were playing it meant to rain. My body was in aching pain from a few days back thanks to some fenbid gel it got me going at the damp pitches at Eastbury. First set was straight forward I felt much better than a few days back . Sushil errors were cropping up . Second set he played much better with almost 5 2 up and at some points having had set points. In the tie breaker I came back from 1-4 down. Two aces for me in the match and the second one even the retired Mr Federer would have loved it, it had it all. Sushil is a nice chap . In terms of my performance I am close to coming to my best…!" -- Belal
- "Today marked exactly 8 weeks since I last picked up a racket. Things like Ramadan, corona, bad weather, injury and away for work made it the toughest spell in my local tennis league career off field . It was nice to be back at Eastbury. However, I was very rusty and at times out of energy due to obvious reasons. Binyas brought some spectators with him .. great fun ! I liked his forehand more less reminds me of myself when on form . First set I was 4-1 down came back to win it. Second set we had a long deuce game at 1-1 I believe but Binyas upped his game to make it 4-6. Last set I didn’t hit with much power almost was 3-0 up somehow it was so close . I think we both saved some match points at different stages. Both of us could have won. " -- Belal
- "Really enjoyable and competitive game! Thanks for the game Mark" -- Jose
- "Time ran out, to be continued " -- Sanket
- "It was very competitive match. Binyas played really good in set 2 and kept leading in set 3. I was lucky to win Set 3. It was very good game and good luck to Binyas for the rest of the matches. " -- Sushil
- "Good game with a lot of deuce points, Sushil made me work hard for every point! Thanks for the game" -- Jose
- "A very enjoyable match with Sushil on a lovely spring day. First set was very even under the hot sun, the second set was also closer than the score suggests with a number of deuces." -- Mark
- "Really tight game as often with Sanket! Thanks for the game" -- Jose
- "It was light rain and the court was slippery and we could not take a risk of falling. It was good match and we will continue next week. " -- Sushil
- "We played again and could not finish. Started at 13.00 and we just finished set 2 by 15.10. 1st set was completive in the beginning but Arya won 3 games once it was 3 - 3. Second set, we were on serve and I finally broke and broken back and broke again to win the set. We both played some amazing games on second set, lots of duces, break points and game points and it could have gone either way. " -- Sushil
- "Coming back too soon after the flu I had to battle a spirited Sushil in a draining second set. Looking forward to completing this match at a later date after running out of time again." -- Arya
- "A very enjoyable game with Tom, thanks very much!" -- Mark
- "Tom was good player with drop shots that kept me on my toes. The windy conditions also played it's part in the match. Thanks for the game." -- Arya
- "Great match, with some amazing shots and angles from both sides. Well played Mark. " -- Arya
- "Really fun match; I had to play really well to beat Tom. If it wasn't for some ill-timed double faults, the scoreline would have been much tighter. Best of luck for the rest of your matches Tom, and hopefully play again soon! " -- Andrew
- "Tom has a very nice variation to his game and a very solid and consistent serve. Thank you for a very enjoyable game! " -- Jose
- "A pleasure to play against Sushil as always. The poor bloke took a terrible tumble brilliantly retrieving a drop shot early in the first set, which he gamely soldiered on through to completion but we then decided to call a halt and come back another day. Hope you’re feeling better Sushil and looking forward to resuming our game." -- Tom
- "Very fun match. Binyas has a great forehand and im sure he is going to win many games in this league. Thanks for the game mate! " -- Jose
- "Good match. Hope to play again" -- Matt
- "Well played match Joe!" -- Jordan
- "Well played Sam! You fought really well throughout. Score does not do justice at all to how close the match was. Well done!" -- Ajay
- "Thanks for the match Joe. Good luck in your next ones." -- Laurentiu
- "Really good game on a sunny afternoon. Good luck on your next ones Sam." -- Laurentiu
- "Thank you Joe for the game. Good luck for the rest of your matches." -- Ajay
- "The score says a lot about this 3 hr thriller. Both of us managed to turn the game around and defend some match points" -- Matt
- "Well played Samuel, was a good match that went the distance!! " -- Jordan
- "Some good drop shots from Sivendra, who was very unlucky in the first set." -- Samuel
- "Good match. Some great shots from Joe particularly in the second set." -- Samuel
- "Well played today Sivendra. Hope to see you again.." -- Ajay
- "Thanks for the match Sivendra. Good luck in the future games" -- Matt
- "Good game Lau. Hope to play again. Nice meeting you." -- Ajay
- "Thanks for the game Chubs. Good luck for rest of the matches. " -- Ajay
- "Great cardio today Matt! Thank you for the match. Well played to you!" -- Ajay
- "Nice to play with you. Good Luck in your next matches." -- Laurentiu
- "Nice meeting you Jordon. I enjoyed playing with you. " -- Ajay
- "Enjoyed the match a lot, Tony. Best of luck for you remaining matches!" -- Sarthak
- "A 2h 45m thriller! The match was pretty much back and forth. Andy is a tremendous player. Looking forward to playing again." -- Sarthak
- "Was great to play against Roderick. We had quite a few good rallies and some deuces. He hit some killer slices. Best of luck for the rest of your matches, Roderick. " -- Sarthak
- "Really enjoyed this match, not just the tennis, but also the short conversation post match with Barbara. Such a friendly and bright person! Wishing you all the best of luck for your remaining matches and keep in touch, would be nice to play again." -- Armando
- "It was nice meeting you, Barbara! The match was consistent and very enjoyable. Looking forward to playing with you again." -- Sarthak
- "Great fun, thanks Barbara and well played." -- Jamie
- "Great game, really enjoyed it. Despite the final score, it was a competitive game with plenty of deuces. Good Luck for your remaining matches!" -- Armando
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Watford Parks archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous Rounds matches for Watford Parks.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who play three or more matches by the mid-point of the Round receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize. Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link emailed to the player.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Players' names, W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added).
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form.