Friendly, competitive tennis on Westway's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for men and women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA for adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are played to short-set format; if a set reaches 4 games all, the next game decides the set. If the match reaches a set all, a match tiebreak is played. (Long format matches may be played if both players agree.)
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllWestway Singles - Round 44 | Thursday 24 October 2019 to Wednesday 18 December 2019 (Midpoint: Wednesday 20 November 2019)
Well done group 3 whose great effort and commitment really helped boost match stats this time! Don't forget the discount on courts for league members and hope to see you back again in 2020!
This was the first time Jose played in this league and a very successful entry it was too. He finished in pole position with four wins out of four. Fittingly, his match with runner up Herve was extremely close, but Jose held on to finish undefeated. Well done! This was a big group and good to see lots of matches but sorry Jonathan didn't get going. Please let us know if we can help another time.
- Jose Godoy [W4] 8 WINNER
- Herve Lagadec 7.2 [W3, L1, UF2] 8 RUNNER UP
- Marcus Williams 8.1 [W1, L2, UF2] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Freddy Champion 8.1 [W2] 4
- Samantha Spry 6.2 [W1, L1, UF1] 2
- Vincent Hourcade [L4] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- James Asensio [L1, UF1] 1
- Nikolas Tsirigakis [L2]
- Jonathan Cottingham
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJose Godoy bt Herve Lagadec (Nov 26) 7-6 (7-5), 7-5
Sebastien made all the running in this group and is the very worth winner of a strangely quiet group. Not sure what happened here but very well done to Sebastien for getting 3 people on court and please let us know if we can help another time. We hate to see matches go unplayed!
- Sebastien Hung 9.2 [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Anthony Schneider [W1] 2 RUNNER UP
- Lachezar Stoitsov 9.1 [L1]
- Omar Malik [L2]
- Will Dahl 10.2 [L1]
- Sotiris Rompas
Almost every possible match was played in this group - a fantastic effort and very well done! Kristofer seemed to be in fine form after two matches, then came up against Jorge who took him the distance. In the end he finished five wins to the good and with his bonus points, put himself beyond the reach of everyone else. Tunde was not far behind, losing only to the champ with Diomid coming third. Well played all!
- Kristofer Ostberg [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Tunde Makinde [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Diomid Sarateanu 10.2 [W3, L3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Conrad Addo [W2, L4] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Jorge Alexander [W2, L2] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Anne-France Kennedy [W2, L4] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Laura Madewell [L4]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentDiomid Sarateanu bt Conrad Addo (Nov 21) 4-1, 3-5, 4-2
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Westway archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Westway.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)