Friendly, competitive tennis on Westway's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Plus.. Local Tennis Leagues players can now benefit from a discounted court booking rate at the Westway Sports and Fitness Centre. More information on the discount to play tennis at Westway here!
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllWestway Singles - Round 37 | Thursday 19 April 2018 to Wednesday 13 June 2018 (Midpoint: Wednesday 16 May 2018)
The Westway enjoyed a great round with lots of effort put in to organise matches - almost two thirds of all possible matches being played. We know it is not always that easy to get courts at the Westway, so well done. Thank you for the support of the league and thanks too to everyone who supported the Westway and the local community in its commemoration of the Grenfell tragedy. All that tennis is a reminder that life goes on, but none of us will forget the devastating events of a year ago.
The battle for the top spot was as close as it gets between Ben and Flavio who finished with the same points tally. We had to look to their head to head match to determine the group standings andafter what looked to be an epic three setter where Ben came back from losing the first set, Ben claimed first place of the group in his debut round. That means Flavio secures the silver position in his comeback round. Congratulations both! A special mention to Kashef, Marcus and Flavio who all earned their bonus points. Everyone made a brilliant effort to play their matches so well done to all!
- Ben Carey [W6] 12 WINNER
- Flavio Taffoni 7.2 [W4, L2] 12 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Luigi Brambilla 7.2 [W5, L1] 10
- Joao Monteiro [W2, L3] 6
- Marcus Williams 8.2 [W2, L4] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Kashef Reid-Bashir [W1, L5] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Bulent Isik [L5]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentFlavio Taffoni bt Joao Monteiro (Jun 12) 3-6, 6-3, 6-3
Herve surged into the lead for this group after playing 6 matches and winning them all, becoming the only undefeated player in the group so well done on a fantastic achievement! Paolo came in second after playing 6 matches and winning 3 after playing what was described as a tight match against Herve. A special mention to Brian, Damien, Paolo and Herve who all secured their bonus points for brilliant organising skills. This round we welcome Cosimo; we hope you enjoyed your round!
- Herve Lagadec 8.1 [W6] 14 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Paolo Ziggiotti 9.2 [W3, L3] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Yasuo Inoue 10.1 [W4, L1] 8
- Damien Ratinaud 9.1 [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Brian Mark 9.1 [W1, L3, UF1] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Omar Malik [L4, UF1] 1
- Cosimo Gallo [L3] 1
- Colin John Mackinnon [L3] 1
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentDamien Ratinaud bt Paolo Ziggiotti (May 2) 2-6, 6-3, 6-3
This round saw Roddy racing into the lead with 3 wins from his 5 matches as well as being the only player to earn his bonus points. This meant that he secured back to back titles so well done on a superb round! The battle for second place was as close as it gets since Thomas and Anthony finished on the same number of points so we had to look to their head to head to determine second place. In a three set match and Thomas' debut round, Thomas beat Anthony to claim that runner up spot; congratulations! We warmly welcome back Mark after his break from the leagues who played 3 of his matches - we hope you enjoyed them.
- Roddy Ramsey 10.2 [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Thomas Metscher [W3, L1, UF1] 6 RUNNER UP
- Anthony Schneider [W2, L1, UF1] 6
- Patrick Borges [W2, L1, UF1] 5
- Mark Shephard [W1, L2] 3
- Nik Slingsby 10.1 [UF3] 3
- Paul O'mahony 10.1 [L4]
- Giulio Baratta
Match of the Group:Roddy Ramsey bt Mark Shephard (May 26) 5-7, 6-4, 6-2
Really tight at the top in this group and in the end, with the pair locked on points, it comes down to the head-to-head between Martina and Lachezar. Their match didn't disappoint - a really competitive three-setter. In the end Lachezar just edged it so the group is his! This round we warmly welcome Joe who was the only undefeated player in the group and claimed third place and we welcome back Pierre who secured fourth place.
- Lachezar Stoitsov 9.1 [W2, UF2] 6 WINNER
- Martina Skripova 10.1 [W2, L2] 6 RUNNER UP
- Joe Bitar [W2] 4
- Pierre Anderson 10.1 [W1, L1] 2
- Anne-France Kennedy [L1, UF1] 2
- Tanya Gurova 9.2 [L3, UF1] 1
- Valerie Copenhagen
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentLachezar Stoitsov bt Martina Skripova (May 4) 3-6, 6-2, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Westway archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Westway.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)