Collapse AllWestway Singles - Round 46 | Thursday 24 September 2020 to Wednesday 4 November 2020 (Midpoint: Wednesday 21 October 2020)
A real shame we had to end the round 2 weeks early due to lockdown but the top 2 groups in particular were well contested nonetheless. It was great to welcome 7 new players to the league and it was a great effort all round, so we're looking forward to getting going again soon!
It paid to get off the mark early in this round with the early finish for lockdown, and so Herve's 6 wins and midway bonus points left him as the clear winner, a full 11 points clear of runner up Jose. Jose took the champ to 3 sets though and forced him to "dig deep" on a few occasions before getting "a bit lucky" at the end to clinch the win.
- Herve Lagadec 7.2 [W6, UF1] 15 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Jose Godoy [W1, L1, UF1] 4 RUNNER UP
- Jake Meskell [W1, L2] 4
- Joseph Baxter [W1] 2
- Marcus Williams 8.1 [L2, UF1] 2
- Ruslan Kozirev 8.1 [UF1]
- Edward Durell [L1]
- Nik Slingsby 10.1 [L1]
- Johannes Lehmann [L2]
Match of the Group:Joseph Baxter bt Marcus Williams (Oct 25) 6-4, 5-7, 7-6 (7-4)
This was a very close group with Fabio and Alessio tied on 8 points apiece at close of play, so the title went to Fabio courtesy of winning their head to head. Alessio won a close match against Laure though who herself won a "very long (almost 3 hours...)" match against Lachezar.
- Fabio Pasquale 10.2 [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Alessio Xien Zhou 8.2 [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Sadahito Kobayashi [W3] 6
- LAURE MAILLARD [W1, L2, UF1] 3
- Lachezar Stoitsov 9.1 [L3] 1
- Francesca Farrell [L2, UF1]
- Jane Robinson
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentLAURE MAILLARD bt Lachezar Stoitsov (Oct 31) 6-0, 5-7, 7-6 (7-1)
It was a successful return to league action for Gabriel and Giulio as the pair took the top spots in a quiet group. It's shame the round had to finish early as you lost a couple of weekends to finish your matches in. Credit to Patrick for making Gabriel work hard in the second set before eventually winning it [9-7] in the second set tiebreak.
- Gabriel Peters-McCarten [W2] 4 WINNER
- Giulio Baratta [W1] 2 RUNNER UP
- Declan Flood [L1]
- Greg Frith [L1]
- Patrick Borges [L1]
- Alessandro Pighi withdrawn
- Francis Trollope
- James Hennessy
- Vincent Craignou 10.1