Collapse AllWhitstable Singles - Round 40 | Thursday 13 August 2020 to Wednesday 7 October 2020 (Midpoint: Wednesday 9 September 2020)
It was great to see friendly, competitive tennis make a long awaited return to Whitstable and to welcome 4 new faces alongside our regulars and returners. The top group was fairly quiet but Group 2 was busier, and there were close scorelines across both groups. Thanks for supporting your local league and we hope to see you back in the next round.
This was a very quiet group with just 2 matches played and David winning both of them to take the group crown. Both Branislav and Colin took David to 3 sets, and his match against Branislav was especially close. It's a pity that Andrew and Jed didn't manage to get started this round, hopefully you can start scheduling your matches sooner next time!
- David Mikhail 8.1 [W2] 4 WINNER
- Colin Thompson 8.1 [L1] 1 RUNNER UP
- Branislav Varga [L1] 1
- Andrew Burley
- Jed Green 10.2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentDavid Mikhail bt Branislav Varga (Sep 11) 7-5, 5-7, [10-5]
Congratulations to Jonny for making a flying debut in the Leagues winning 7 matches to finish 2 points clear of James C at the top of the table. Their head to head was competitive across the first 2 sets before, "with both tiring", Jonny managed to pull clear in the third. James C had a strong round too though with his 5 wins including 3 setters against Gareth and James H.
- Jonny Lugg [W7] 16 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- James Castelino [W5, L2] 14 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Ryan Martin [W4, L2] 10 includes 2 bonus points
- Ashleigh Richards [W3, L3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Duncan Lewis [W1, L5] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- James Humphrey 10.1 [W1, L3] 4
- John Jerrim [W1] 2
- Gareth Williams 10.2 [L3] 1
- Brian Taylor 10.2 [L4]