Collapse AllWimbledon Park Doubles - Round 23 | Thursday 21 March 2019 to Wednesday 29 May 2019 (Midpoint: Wednesday 24 April 2019)
Thanks to everyone who got involved in the first doubles round of the year in Wimbledon Park. There was a good turnout on court with every available match played and a great show of sportsmanship too. Hope to see you again next time for many more matches over the summer.
A couple of withdrawals unfortunately reduced the number of matches available in this group . Nigel & Tim made the most of their time on court, beating both of their opponents in convincing fashion to deservedly take the gold. Mark & Michael edged past Kristin & John 6-4 7-5 to clinch second spot.
- Nigel Ling & Tim Casling [W2] 4 WINNER
- Mark Hassall & Michael Wright [W1, L1] 2 RUNNER UP
- Kristin Ursell & John Ursell [L2]
- Fiona Maclean & Diane Skinner withdrawn
- Rebecca Macfarlane & Ekaterina ZioukinA withdrawn
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentMark Hassall & Michael Wright bt Kristin Ursell & John Ursell (Apr 22) 6-4, 7-5
An excellent group two where every match was played and lots of lovely comments accompanied the scores too - thanks everyone. Elizabeth & Natalia were the standout pair, finishing with a 100% winning record from their four matches to take the title. Jenny & Don couldn't quite keep up with the pace at the front but picked up three strong wins of their own to come home in second.
- Elizabeth Walker & Natalia Zakharyan [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Jenny Hong & Don McGill [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Jane Devonald & Angela Griffin [W2, L2] 4
- Kelsey Farrell & Leah Galloway [W1, L3] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Gareth Jones & Jane Hansen [L4]