Collapse AllWimbledon Park Doubles - Round 25 | Thursday 26 September 2019 to Wednesday 4 December 2019 (Midpoint: Wednesday 30 October 2019)
Overall, a great round of the Wimbledon Park doubles with group 2 especially getting matches arranged and played! We know it can be quite a task to get four people in the same place at the same time so many thanks for all your efforts both off court and on and well done on some really great tennis!
Three pairs tied on points at the top but fortunately we were able to decide on rankings by the head to head matches. So, Hugh & George win, Nicholas & Etakerina are second and Elizabeth & Natalia are third. Well played all. Judging by the commentaries this was a friendly group with matches played in great spirits despite the weather gods trying to do their worst.
- Hugh Townshend & George Hackford [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Nicholas Kemble & Ekaterina Zioukina [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Elizabeth Walker & Natalia Zakharyan [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Jane Devonald & Angela Griffin [W1, L3] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Beccy Lee & Svibor Toth [L1]
- Sophie Corby & Adam Stonell [L3]
- J Schwan & Candice Hendel withdrawn
- Jeff Frazier & J Schwan
- Tim Dawkins & Philip James withdrawn
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJane Devonald & Angela Griffin bt Sophie Corby & Adam Stonell (Nov 4) 7-5, 6-3
Wow! What a fantastic group. Unfortunately Yo and Basak had to withdraw, but every single other match was played! That's a fantastic achievement - we know what a lot of commitment and effort it takes to arrange doubles so very well done all. Tim and Yo top the group - congratulations. They tied on points with runners up Kate and Jenny but won the head to head. Almost every match came with a commentary so we were pleased to learn about Tom's rocket like backhand, Amy's aces, the titanic clash between Mark & Michael and Fiona & Diane and an unexpected appearance, mid match,by a small boy dressed as a dinosaur.
- Tim Husain & Yo Sato [W6] 12 WINNER
- Kate Marsh & Jenny Hong [W5, L1] 12 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Mark Hassall & Michael Wright [W3, L3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Fiona Maclean & Diane Skinner [W3, L3] 7
- Kristin Ursell & John Ursell [W2, L4] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Thomas Mees & Amy Ruff [W2, L4] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Gareth Jones & Jane Hansen [L6] 1
- Yo Sato & Basak Alhan Aydin withdrawn