Collapse AllWimbledon Park Doubles - Round 26 | Thursday 6 February 2020 to Wednesday 15 April 2020 (Midpoint: Wednesday 11 March 2020)
A commendable number of matches were played even though the round ended prematurely, so we have absolutely no qualms about handing out the gongs! Thank you all for playing and providing such good tennis memories to live on while wait for the chance to get back on court. Stay well and well done!
Terrific scheduling and some excellent tennis propelled Colin and Ekaterina to the top of the table and though Elizabeth and Natalia beat them in a great match, even without the premature end to the round, the team couldn't be caught - the point won for the set they took of our bronze medalists ensured that. Well done to them and everyone for playing such memorable tennis.
- Colin Low & Ekaterina Zioukina [W4, L1] 11 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Kwadjo Adjepong & Julian Harcourt [W2, L1] 7 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Elizabeth Walker & Natalia Zakharyan [W2] 4
- Tim Husain & Yo Sato [L3] 3 includes 2 bonus points
- Jane Devonald & Angela Griffin [L2]
- Leila Panesar Morris & Ian Dunn [L1]
Match of the Group:Elizabeth Walker & Natalia Zakharyan bt Colin Low & Ekaterina Zioukina (Feb 20) 6-3, 1-6, 7-5
As with Group One, our leaders Danielle & Kate assembled an impressive points tally to make them the comfortable front-runners and our winners this time. Of course Beck and Yannick were also going strongly and who knows, given the time perhaps they could have challenged for the lead. That, like so may things, will have to wait for another round!
- Danielle Price & Kate Marsh [W4, UF1] 11 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Becky Deeming & Yannick Mitchell [W3, UF1] 7 RUNNER UP
- Christopher Davidson & Bellina Fiorelli [W2, L3] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Don McGill & Jenny Hong [W2, L2] 4
- Diane Skinner & Fiona Maclean [W1, L3] 3
- Gareth Jones & Jane Hansen [W1, L2] 2
- Amy Ruff & Cheryl Clark [L3] 2 includes 2 bonus points