Wirral Parks Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Wirral Parks's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Wirral Parks league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
Wirral Tennis & Sports Centre
Outdoor Tennis at Tennis Centre and The Oval & Indoor Tennis at Tennis Centre (Mon – Fri up to 4pm).
- FREE to Invigor8 Members: Outdoor Tennis at Tennis Centre and The Oval & Indoor Tennis at Tennis Centre (Mon – Fri up to 4pm)
- Other times:
- Indoor peak £11 (£22 non-members); off peak £7.50 (non-members £15).
- Outdoor: £2.25 (non-members £4.50)
- Membership: unwaged/60+: £14.75 per month. Waged: £29.10 per month
Oval Sports Centre
Higher Bebbington Recreation Ground
Bohemians Tennis Club Liverpool
Collapse AllWirral Parks Singles - Round 8 | Thursday 13 October 2016 to Wednesday 7 December 2016 (Midpoint: Wednesday 9 November 2016)
A very nice round full of exciting matches - and judging by the commentaries, matches played in just the right friendly spirit. We really hope you enjoyed it. Have a great Christmas and see you all again in the New Year!
An interesting group of matches - once the cards were in the air they could have come down in any number of combinations to give us our winners. In the end it was Dan's set won in the match lost to Igor that trumped everyone. By a point he tops the group, just ahead of Rob! Now that would have been an interesting head to head...
- Dan Travers [W3, L1] 9 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Rob Slade 6.2 [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Luc De Blaquiere 10.2 [W1, L3] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Igor Barsukov [W1, L1] 3
- Matt Webb 7.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Marco Candeloro [L3] 2 includes 2 bonus points
Match of the Group:Igor Barsukov bt Dan Travers (Dec 4) 4-6, 6-1, 6-0
David was the outstanding front-runner this round, playing more matches than anyone else and winning them all. Indeed by the end of the round he'd played himself into such form that he was double bageling his opponents! Well done David and runner-up Patrick...
- David Coombs 8.2 [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Patrick Waddington [W2, L1] 4 RUNNER UP
- Craig Lewis 9.2 [W1, L1] 2
- Peter Ferrett 10.1 [L3] 1
- Stephen Donnelly [L2]
- Jonathon Rankin 10.2 [L1]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentDavid Coombs bt Peter Ferrett (Oct 17) 6-2, 4-6, 6-3
Shame we didn't see Chris W play off against Jeremy as that would have definitively given us our group winner. As it is, level on points and matches won, we have to look to sets and games lost to separate our near twins in tennis. By a whisker, the winner is Chris! Some great match in this group...
- Chris Williams [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Jeremy Heywood [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Ray Carr 10.2 [W2, L3] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Ashley Thompson 10.2 [W1, L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Peter Hardy [W1, L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Chris Davies 10.2 [L1]
- Carrie Noble withdrawn
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentChris Williams bt Peter Hardy (Oct 30) 3-6, 6-4, 7-5
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Wirral Parks archive.
The results listed here include all previous rounds of Singles and Doubles matches for Wirral Parks.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)