Friendly, competitive tennis on High Wycombe and Hazlemere's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for men and women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllHigh Wycombe and Hazlemere Singles - Round 35 | Thursday 16 January 2020 to Wednesday 11 March 2020 (Midpoint: Wednesday 12 February 2020)
35 matches were played in this round which is 71% of the total possible and a very respectable result! Well done High Wycombe and here's to getting even more played next time!
James successfully defends his title once again in a very active and committed group in which almost everyone got their bonus points. James was one of only two players to play all possible matches (6) and not even runner up Nick, with whom he had a cracking game, could knock him off his number one spot! But they had 'an absolute marathon' and James said there was 'absolutely nothing in it'. Maybe next time... meanwhile many congratulations!
- James Copland 8.2 [W6] 14 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Nick Massey [W4, L1] 11 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Lee Widra 9.2 [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Harry Shearer [W2, L4] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Randeep Bahia 10.1 [W1, L4] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Bolan Oluwa 9.1 [W1, L4] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Tom Grass [L2]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJames Copland bt Nick Massey (Mar 8) 6-7 (5-7), 7-5, 6-3
A great round for group champ Anna who will be promoted again next time after finishing undefeated in 6 matches! Fantastic stuff! Kabir, who apparently plays with zen-like calm was runner up. James admired his 'patience and quiet determination' - sounds like something for us all to learn from! Well played all and many thanks for all the commitment and great commentaries.
- Anna Fuller [W6] 14 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Kabir Inaganti [W4, L3] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Marc Nielsen 9.2 [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Jane Smith 10.1 [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Frederique Lepelletier-Tewes 9.1 [W1, L4] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Marina Lyons [W1, L1] 2
- Hellinda Smith [L5] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- James Green [L1]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJane Smith bt Kabir Inaganti (Feb 8) 7-5, 7-6 (7-1)
Looking for previous matches? Visit the High Wycombe and Hazlemere archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for High Wycombe and Hazlemere.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Please note, while matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, singles matches completed to this shortened format, do not count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)