Friendly, competitive tennis on Bath's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for men and women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllBath Singles - Round 1 | Thursday 10 May 2018 to Wednesday 4 July 2018 (Midpoint: Wednesday 6 June 2018)
- Alex Webber [W7] 16 includes 2 bonus points
- Stefano Pigliapoco 8.2 [W4, L1] 8
- Caroline Vear [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Bill Wescott [W2, L4] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Berin Midmer [W2, L2] 4
- Fenella Maggs [W1, L4] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Jane Shaw [L3] 3 includes 2 bonus points
- Giles Pocock 9.1 [L3]
- Julian Mitchell
Looking for previous matches?
Log in to visit the Bath archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles and Doubles matches for Bath.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)