Collapse AllCirencester Singles - Round 16 | Thursday 20 August 2020 to Wednesday 14 October 2020 (Midpoint: Wednesday 16 September 2020)
Great to run with 2 groups again in this latest round of Cirencester Tennis League and they were busy groups too with nearly three quarters of all possible matches played. There were some really close scorelines in the first set too so give yourselves a breather before hopefully we'll see you back in the next round!
Congratulations to Toby for following up promotion last round by topping Group 1 this time, and he worked hard for the title winning four 3 setters along the way! He very lost in straight sets to Jane but managed to hang on in the second set tiebreak and edge it [12-10] to take the match into a third set which was more comfortable... well played both!
- Toby Lowsley-Williams 9.1 [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Tom Bartram 8.1 [W2, L3] 7 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Jane Cacchioli [W1, L2] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Neil Gregory 8.2 [W2, L1] 5
- Ann Ashcroft [W2, L1] 5
- David Renney 8.2 [W1, L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Christopher Edwards 8.2 [L1] withdrawn 1
Match of the Group:Toby Lowsley-Williams bt Jane Cacchioli (Sep 6) 4-6, 7-6 (12-10), 6-1
Two Leagues debutants led the way at the top of Group 2 with Graham taking top spot thanks to winning all 5 matches while Alex was just 2 points adrift having lost their head to head. Everyone played 4 or 5 matches although unusually there were no 3 setters in this group!
- Graham Bridgeman [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Alex Peyton [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- David Tonner [W2, L3] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Aurel Dufailly [W2, L2] 4
- Thomas Slator [W1, L4] 2
- Colin Baird [L4] 2 includes 2 bonus points