Friendly, competitive tennis on Finsbury park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for men and women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllFinsbury Park Singles - Round 47 | Thursday 19 September 2019 to Wednesday 13 November 2019 (Midpoint: Wednesday 16 October 2019)
Well done everyone for taking part in the 47th round of the Haringey League! It's a wonderful record and over the years thousands of matches have been played. We have a change for next round. With the re-generation of the Finsbury Park Courts (lights are on their way!) the league will be re-named the Finsbury Park League. We will be working closely with Finsbury Park Tennis to build on what you have achieved already and hope to expand and grow the league. But we will still be Haringey focused too, so all your existing venues will be approved as places to play your matches. Here's looking forward to 2020 tennis and wishing you all the very best for the holidays!
Another extremely tight top group in the Haringey league with Razvan and Uche matching each-other for total number of wins and both earning their bonus points. That meant they ended up on ten points each but luckily the group can be decided on their head-to-head, and that went decisively Razvan's way! Well done all and only two matches in the whole group not played.
- Razvan Telitoiu 9.1 [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Uche Onyema 7.1 [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Chris Brees [W2, L1] 5
- James West [W2, L2] 5
- James Begg 9.2 [W1, L4] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- Giles Cornwall 10.1 [L5] 2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJames West bt Giles Cornwall (Nov 4) 6-7 (5-7), 6-1, [10-7]
Now had Mark backed up his three wins with a few more matches this could easily have been his group, after all he had a nice win over the eventual winner. But that's league tennis for you where, when push comes to shove, it is the points that count! So Alexis is rewarded for his three wins and his great scheduling effort - more matches played than anyone else in the group. Well done!
- Alexis Michaelides [W3, L3] 9 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Mark Przyrembel 10.2 [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Alistair Munday [W1, L1] 3
- Michael Carter 8.2 [W1] 2
- Aleksandar Natovski 10.1 [W1, L1] 2
- Paul Britton [W1] 2
- William Young [L3] 1
- Andy Sayer [L2]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentAlexis Michaelides bt William Young (Nov 9) 6-1, 6-7 (6-8), [10-7]
Maybe the trailing players lost heart a little after they saw Charlie storm into a lead, but the truth is, with plenty more points left on the table, Charlie was catch-able. But let us take nothing from our champ and his unbeaten run to the top spot! Well played.
- Charlie Clinton 8.1 [W3] 6 WINNER
- Christoph Roth [W1, L1, UF1] 4 RUNNER UP
- Rory O'Keeffe [W1, L1] 3
- Luke Smyth 10.1 [UF1] 1
- Daniel Marshall [L1]
- Matthew Dunning [L2]
- Andrew Hammerton
- Jermaine Francis
Match of the Group:Charlie Clinton bt Christoph Roth (Oct 19) 7-5, 3-6, 7-5
A fantastic debut performance from Billy who went the extra mile to get matches played and took the top spot despite losing to runner-up Kevin.
- Billy Hohnen-ford [W4, L1] 8 WINNER
- Kevin Hall 9.1 [W3] 6 RUNNER UP
- Vahid Karimi [W2, L1] 4
- Louise Mellor [W1, L3] 2
- Massimiliano Rossi [W1, L4] 2
- Dan O'Neil [L1] 1
- Will Grice [L1]
Match of the Group:Billy Hohnen-ford bt Dan O'Neil (Oct 22) 6-2, 4-6, 6-2
Only the lightest sprinklings of matches played in this group, but a competitive finish nevertheless with Andrea and Michael tied on points. The gold medal though goes to newcomer to the league, Andrea, who prevailed in their head-to-head. Well played.
- Andrea Colapinto [W2] 4 WINNER
- Michael Goold 10.1 [W2, L1] 4 RUNNER UP
- Jaroslaw Laka [L1] 1
- Nino Hunter [L1] 1
- Guilherme Lopes [L1]
- Ashley Marshall 9.2
- Claire Baker
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentMichael Goold bt Jaroslaw Laka (Oct 20) 4-6, 6-4, 6-0
Again, we could have done with some more matches played in the group, but we do know the winner beat the runner up, a wonderful three-setter worth the admittance fee all by itself! Well done to Gordon, who takes the gold and Natalie who begins her league career in style.
- Gordon McCullough [W2] 4 WINNER
- Natalie Gupta [W1, L1] 3 RUNNER UP
- Sabrina Ingenerf [L2]
- Carol Romaya-Akyuz 10.2
- Drew Campbell
- James Lever
- Laura Gosein
- Ruesharn Bryan 9.2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentGordon McCullough bt Natalie Gupta (Oct 8) 6-4, 6-7 (4-7), 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Finsbury Park archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Haringey.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Please note, while matches tied at one set all may be completed with a match tiebreak, singles matches completed to this shortened format, do not count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)