Friendly, competitive tennis on Golden Lane's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are played to short-set format; if a set reaches 4 games all, the next game decides the set. If the match reaches a set all, a matchtiebreak is played (see link on right)
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllGolden Lane Singles - Round 26 | Thursday 1 June 2017 to Wednesday 26 July 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 28 June 2017)
Golden Lane enjoyed some lovely sunshine and some even better tennis this round! With tight sets, close scorelines and a battle for every place in the results table, our players had a wonderfully competitive round. Thank you to everyone who provided commentaries, which demonstrate Golden Lane’s atmosphere of supportive and enthusiastic sportsmanship. It would be great to see more players scoring bonus points next time, as those two extra points can make such a difference!
A stunning victory from Nikolaus this round, with an impressive clean sweep of five matches – congratulations! Well done to the whole group for getting a really high number of matches played overall. Nikolaus and Christopher had some lengthy rallies, Alex and Nikolaus enjoyed beautiful weather, Kate and Christopher had a gripping battle, and everyone got some really close sets!
- Nikolaus Endstrasser [W5] 15 WINNER
- Kate Ward 10.1 [W2, L1] 7 RUNNER UP
- Christopher Hill 8.2 [W1, L2] 6
- Lucas Arnold [W1, L1, UF1] 5
- Alex Bell [L5] 5
- Peter Maile [W1, L1, UF1] 4
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentKate Ward bt Christopher Hill (Jun 24) 4-0, 2-4, [10-3]
Group 2’s score table was very close this round, including at the top of the group, with David just one point ahead of Bernat to secure the top spot – congratulations. It was obviously a very tightly fought round! Bernat and Jane had a gripping three-setter, Abel and Jane had two intense sets, and David and Kirsty enjoyed getting back into the game! Well played everyone.
- David Bartlett 10.2 [W4] 12 WINNER
- Bernat Gabor [W3, L2] 11 RUNNER UP
- Jane Tully 9.2 [W2, L3] 10
- Abel Evertse [W3] 9
- Felicity Thompson [W1, L5] 8
- Julien Bonvarlet [W2] 6
- Kirsty Alsop 9.2 [L3] 3
- Lucy Huang [L2] 2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentBernat Gabor bt Jane Tully (Jul 8) 4-1, 1-4, 4-1
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Golden Lane archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Golden Lane.
You earn one point for every set you win and a point for completing a match. Matches are short format. See here for details. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)