Friendly, competitive tennis on Holland Park & KMP's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllHolland Park & KMP Singles - Round 23 | Thursday 19 January 2017 to Wednesday 15 March 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 15 February 2017)
Despite a couple of exceptions this was overall a largely competitive round, with plenty of matches played too. Round of applause for the new group champions and hope to see you again next time!
Lots of matches played here with both Fergal and Damien managing to get in all 7. It was a close call for the top spot, with both Fergal and Kevin racking up 5 wins each with bonus points - and although Kevin came out top in their head to head, Fergal managed to take a set, giving him the point he needed to just edge ahead. Well played! Kudos to Daniel too, who managed to push both players into 3 set territory.
- Fergal Mullins [W5, L2] 13 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Kevin Allen [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Damien Marty 9.1 [W3, L3, UF1] 9 includes 2 bonus points
- Daniel Moulson 9.1 [W3, L2] 8
- Jean-Philippe Faillat 10.1 [W1, UF1] 3
- Andre Sokol [W1, L4] 3
- Dmitry Ismagilov [L5]
- Enrique Garland [L2]
Match of the Group:Fergal Mullins bt Daniel Moulson (Mar 9) 6-3, 4-6, 6-3
Peter, Daniele and Raj were all vying for the top spot with 3 wins each in this group. Taking bonus points into account, Peter and Daniele edge into the lead. Despite Daniele taking Peter in a confident 2 sets, Peter's extra matches played were key, with a point won by Peter in his incredibly close head to head with Jack giving him all he needed to slip into first place!
- Peter Grenfell 10.2 [W3, L2] 9 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Daniele Berretta 10.2 [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Raj Samarasinhe [W3, L1] 7
- Jack Watton [W2, L3] 5
- William Chen [W2, L3] 4
- Stan Hill [L4]
- Adam Johnston withdrawn
Match of the Group:Peter Grenfell bt Raj Samarasinhe (Feb 7) 6-3, 6-7 (3-7), 7-6 (10-8)
Having moved up from group 4, Geoffrey almost managed to top group 3 too with 5 straight wins - were it not for Paul, who managed the same amount, except with bonus points on top! Just goes to show how they can make all the difference when it's neck and neck. Well played all.
- Paul Karacaoglu 10.1 [W5, L1] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Geoffrey Chow 10.1 [W5] 10 RUNNER UP
- Michael Cameron 9.1 [W2, L1] 5
- Tomas Jelf 10.1 [L2, UF1] 2
- Lucy Winslow 8.2 [L2, UF1] 1
- Mark Gadsden 9.2 [L3] withdrawn 1
- Mahir Sahin 9.2 [L3]
Match of the Group:Geoffrey Chow bt Mark Gadsden (Feb 19) 2-6, 6-3, 6-3
It was a close call between Altaf, Lauren and Mathan, who all finished the round with 6 points each. In this situation, bonus points get discounted, leaving Altaf with the win! Special mention to Nathan, too, who found himself in what were possibly the 2 most competitive matches of the group against Michele and Lauren!
- Altaf Ali [W2, UF2] 6 WINNER
- Lauren Wright 10.1 [W2, L1] 6 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Nathan Comer 10.1 [W1, L3, UF1] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- James Fox 9.2 [W2, UF1] 5
- Michele Tavani 10.1 [W1, L2] 2
- Perry Criticos 10.2 [L2]
- Carlos Dubra withdrawn
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentMichele Tavani bt Nathan Comer (Feb 9) 7-5, 6-7 (6-8), 7-5
A couple of no shows limited the number of potential matches somewhat, but many thanks to those players who made the commitment and got their games in! Round of applause to Javier, who takes the win this time round with a solid 3 wins!
- Javier Perez-Lecumberri 10.1 [W3] 6 WINNER
- Imtiaz Wajih 9.2 [W2, L1] 4 RUNNER UP
- Alan Hocking 9.1 [W1, L2] 2
- Elisa Knebel 10.2 [L3]
- Philippa Seal 10.1
- Vivien Morgan 9.2
Match of the Group:Imtiaz Wajih bt Alan Hocking (Mar 11) 6-3, 6-2
Only 3 matches played this round...what happened? Many thanks to Juliet, Susan and Piers who got their games in regardless - and kudos to Juliet who just beat Susan to the top spot.
- Juliet Bray 9.2 [W1, UF1] 3 WINNER
- Susan Beckert [W1, UF1] 2 RUNNER UP
- Piers Russell-Cobb [L2]
- Aalap Sharma
- Lesley Purcell 10.2
- Yuval Grauer 10.2
Match of the Group:Susan Beckert bt Piers Russell-Cobb (Feb 10) 6-3, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Holland Park & KMP archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Holland Park & KMP.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)