Friendly, competitive tennis on Queensmead's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Queensmead league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllQueensmead Singles - Round 5 | Thursday 1 December 2016 to Wednesday 8 February 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 4 January 2017)
Another successful round in the Queensmead Tennis League. Players braved some particularly cold weather to get on the court and play out some great competitive matches. Thanks for all your efforts and we look forward to seeing more tennis in 2017!
Deepak went one better this time, improving on his silver from the last round to top the table thanks to four impressive wins and more importantly some good scheduling earned those bonus points which ultimately proved decisive. Now Jemima was the only player to beat Deepak and had she played and won just one more match she could have claimed the group, but as it is she secures second place just ahead of Neville after the eliminator method is applied. Well played all!
- Deepak Arora 9.2 [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Jemima Lee [W4] 8 RUNNER UP
- Neville Blackie [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Richard Woodnorth [W2, L3] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Ivan Fabijanic 9.2 [W2, L4] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Steve Grace [L5] 3 includes 2 bonus points
- Julie Fabijanic [L1] 1
Match of the Group:Richard Woodnorth bt Ivan Fabijanic (Jan 20) 6-3, 6-7 (2-7), 6-4
Steve was in a hurry in this round, storming to the top of podium with six victories for the loss of a handful of games. The race for second place was much closer and it all came down to the match of the round between Ross and Rob. There was little to choose between the two in the first two sets with one going to each player, however Ross found his form to pull away in the decider to take the match and with it secure the silver.
- Steve Preston [W6] 14 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Ross Joynes 10.1 [W4, L1] 8 RUNNER UP
- Rob Parsons 10.2 [W3, L2] 7
- Peter Jones [W1, L4] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Clark Foran [W1, L2] 2
- Elizabeth Almond 9.2 [W1, L2] 2
- Brian Collinge [L5] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Ishan Soni 10.2
Match of the Group:Ross Joynes bt Rob Parsons (Jan 15) 7-5, 6-7 (4-7), 6-1
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Queensmead archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Queensmead.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)