Friendly, competitive tennis on Regents Park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA for adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are played to short-set format; if a set reaches 4 games all, the next game decides the set. If the match reaches a set all, a match tiebreak is played. (Long format matches may be played if both players agree.)
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won and an extra a point is awarded for completing a match
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllRegents Park Singles - Round 43 | Thursday 23 May 2019 to Wednesday 17 July 2019 (Midpoint: Wednesday 19 June 2019)
61 matches were played, or just over half in this round, which is not at all bad, especially as three players didn't get underway! Most of the rest of you more than made up for it, however, notching up five or 6 matches each! Many thanks for all your efforts and do get in touch another time if you are struggling, or struggling to hear back from anyone!
Another great round for Ryan who repeated his performance from round 40, and tops the group without losing a match! A great round for him in a very competitive group where a high percentage of matches were played. A shame Charlie didn't get underway this time (hope you are ok), and hope to find some tougher matches for Ryan! Who can step up!
- Ryan Drake [W5] 15 WINNER
- Rafael Vargas 7.2 [W3, L2] 13 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Samantha Spry 7.1 [W2, L3] 11 includes 2 bonus points
- Stephen Jones 6.2 [W3, L1] 10
- Niccolò Massa 10.1 [W1, L4] 9 includes 2 bonus points
- Sebastien Hung 9.2 [L4] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Charlie Beardall
- Laurent Frisch 8.2 withdrawn
Match of the Group:Niccolò Massa bt Sebastien Hung (Jun 5) 5-7, 6-4, [10-6]
After the match between Advait and Joachim, "Advait said he had two holes in his shoes because 'I made him run so much' :)" says Joachim (who later found he had a blister on his foot himself). What's more, Advait had to play most of the match with his back up racket because his strings broke in the first set. Clearly it was two hours of thumping great tennis and very well played. It all helped take Joachim to the top of this group, but Advait finished just one point behind and third place James was one point behind him. Very well played all in what was a good and competitive group.
- Joachim Ollram [W6] 20 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Advait Kapadia 8.2 [W5, L2] 19 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- James Thornton 9.1 [W4, L3] 18 includes 2 bonus points
- Ahsan Hameed [W2, L2] 11 includes 2 bonus points
- Stefan Vogel [W2, L2] 9
- David Guardiola [W1, L3] 6
- Michael Hing 8.2 [L5] 6
- Tatiana Penfold [L3] 3
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentStefan Vogel bt James Thornton (Jul 17) 6-7 (4-7), 7-6 (7-4), [12-10]
A brilliant round for Alessio who made his debut this round and wins the group at his first attempt. Like Edmund and Dylan, who played 6 matches but then all, dropping just one set (to Vasco). Many congratulations to him. Vincenzo who also attempted 6 matches, came a close second and four players got their bonus points. Well played all!
- Alessio Xien Zhou 8.2 [W6] 20 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Vincenzo Palomba [W4, L1, UF1] 16 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Edmund Carter [W3, L3] 14 includes 2 bonus points
- Dylan Dryden 10.2 [W1, L5] 11 includes 2 bonus points
- Vasco Silva [W2, L1, UF1] 9
- Ethan Saggu [L5] 7
- Adrian Hogan [W1, L2] 5
- Peter Newman 9.1 [W1, L1] 4
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentEdmund Carter bt Dylan Dryden (Jun 14) 2-4, 4-1, [11-9]
The more you play, the better it gets! Martin played more matches than anyone else in this group and is rewarded not only with bonus points but he also tops the group! What's more he didn't drop a set. Promotion definitely beckons next time and many congratulations. Well done too to runner up Anna. A shame not to see anything from Antony. Hope you are ok and do reach out another time if you are struggling to get matches played. We are here to help!
- Martin Smith [W5] 17 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Anna Yegupova [W2, L1] 9 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Rahul Patel [W1, L1] 4
- Robert Kender 9.2 [L2] 2
- Sanjay Tanwani [L2] 2
- Dominic Barnard [L2] 2
- Antony Antoniou
Match of the Group:Anna Yegupova bt Dominic Barnard (Jun 16) 4-1, 5-3
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Regents Park archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Regents Park.
You earn one point for every set you win and a point for completing a match. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
In this short-format approved league, matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, and do count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)