Friendly, competitive tennis on Regents Park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Regents Park league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are played to short-set format; if a set reaches 4 games all, the next game decides the set. If the match reaches a set all, a matchtiebreak is played (see link on right)
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllRegents Park Singles - Round 32 | Thursday 8 December 2016 to Wednesday 15 February 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 11 January 2017)
The winter weather and festive period shrunk this round slightly but there was still lots of closely contested groups and competitive matches. Congratulations to the new group champions and we hope to see you all again in the next round!
A very competitive group one where anyone seemed to be able to beat anyone on their day. Fortunes seesawed throughout the round but in the end it was Stephen who tops the table, maybe the bronze he earned in the previous round gave him that extra motivation required to get those all important wins. The chasing pack were therefore left to fight it out for second and this was close. Harry recorded one more victory than George but George used his scheduling skills well to earn two bonus points which saw him leapfrog Harry into second.
- Stephen Jones 6.2 [W3, L3] 14 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- George Henton [W2, L3] 12 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Harry Myrans 10.2 [W3, L1] 11
- David Carr 9.2 [W2, L2] 10 includes 2 bonus points
- Laurent Frisch 10.1 [W2, L2] 8
- Marcio Sugui [W1] 3
- Luke Hii [W1] 3
- Francesco Marcucci [L3] 3
Match of the Group:Luke Hii bt Stephen Jones (Dec 24) 5-4, 5-3
Thomas was cruising to the title, that was until his match up with Philipp who proved to be a very tricky customer. A fast start from Philipp put Thomas on the back foot, but as great champions do Thomas showed what he was made of fighting back to force a match tiebreak which he just held his nerve to win 10-7. Great play both! Well done to Paul who also had a successful round winning three matches and earning bonus points to finish one point behind the leader.
- Thomas Schlee 10.2 [W4] 14 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Paul Karacaoglu 10.1 [W3, L2] 13 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Philipp Huckenbeck 9.2 [W2, L1] 8
- Alex Hicks 8.2 [L3] 3
- Will Noble 10.2 [L2] 2
- Richard Barnes 9.1 [L1] 2
- Javier Perojo
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentThomas Schlee bt Philipp Huckenbeck (Feb 12) 4-5, 4-0, [10-7]
Chris finishes the round with best statistics winning five out five matches but unfortunately for Chris it is the points tally that determines the champion. Mikhail showed he knows how to win a group, once again combining good tennis with excellent scheduling skills to leapfrog Chris into first position - well played both. Thanks to everyone for all the commentaries!
- Mikhail Tokarczyk 9.2 [W4, L1] 16 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Chris Bond 10.1 [W5] 15 RUNNER UP
- Olga Freely [W1, L2, UF1] 7
- Elizabeth Almond 9.2 [W1, L2] 6
- David Stark 9.2 [L5] 6
- Bleddyn Williams 9.2 [W1, L2, UF1] 5
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentChris Bond bt Mikhail Tokarczyk (Dec 10) 4-2, 4-5, [10-7]
Only one point separated positions one to three in this group but Martin is the clear winner achieving more victories than anyone else to finish top of the pile. Robin and Jade are tied on eight points with an equal win/loss record so their head to head proves vital. Unsurprisingly, this was a close match with Robin just coming through as the winner after two tight sets.
- Martin Workman 9.2 [W3] 9 WINNER
- Robin Rudd 9.2 [W2, L2] 8 RUNNER UP
- Jade Tokarczyk 10.2 [W2, L2] 8
- Suzanne Hawkesworth 8.2 [W1, L1] 4
- Scott Mackin 10.2 [L3] 4
- Gal Munda 10.1
- Raphael Reuben
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentSuzanne Hawkesworth bt Robin Rudd (Jan 8) 5-4, 5-3
There was little to choose between Ashish and Jillian in this round as they tied on points at the top. Their head to head therefore proved crucial and this was a topsy turvy encounter with Jillian getting off to a fast start to take the first set. Unfortunately for Jillian this must have awoken Ashish who bounced back to dominate the second and the subsequent match tiebreak to take the glory.
- Ashish Verma [W3] 11 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Jillian Anderson 10.2 [W2, L2] 11 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Paul Ford 10.2 [W1, L3] 9 includes 2 bonus points
- Anna Yegupova 9.2 [L4] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- James Hood 10.2 [W2] 6
- Steven Scouller [W1] 3
- Ana Lesnaja
Match of the Group:Ashish Verma bt Jillian Anderson (Dec 29) 3-5, 4-0, [10-3]
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Regents Park archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Regents Park.
You earn one point for every set you win and a point for completing a match. Matches are short format. See here for details. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)