Friendly, competitive tennis on Regents Park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA for adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are played to short-set format; if a set reaches 4 games all, the next game decides the set. If the match reaches a set all, a match tiebreak is played. (Long format matches may be played if both players agree.)
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won and an extra a point is awarded for completing a match
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllRegents Park Singles - Round 46 | Thursday 16 January 2020 to Wednesday 11 March 2020 (Midpoint: Wednesday 12 February 2020)
A curate's egg of a round as we could definitely have done with some more matches and one group didn't really get going at all. But there was also some excellent tennis played to keep the spirit of friendly, competitve tennis burning through the winter months. Hope to see you all on court again before too long.
Well done to Romain for improving on his group two win of the last round to win our top group! Playing one more match than anyone else certainly helped, but crucial was his positive three/one win/loss ratio - just enough to keep him ahead of Stephen who had beaten him and earned bonus points. More matches played could have changed all this of course so really a case of who dares to play, wins!
- Romain Cerovic 8.1 [W3, L1] 10 WINNER
- Stephen Jones 6.2 [W2, L1] 9 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Wei-Ying Chen [W1, L2] 6
- Gabriel Bailey [W1] 3
- Alexandra Reyes [W1] 3
- Anne Whyte [L2] 2
- Antoine Drouin [L2] 2
Match of the Group:Romain Cerovic bt Wei-Ying Chen (Feb 25) 7-6 (7-5), 6-3
A much busier group than Group One as witnessed by the mighty points tallies earned by our top two - Niccolò and Markus. Both players earned their bonus points and both had to fight for their wins; keeping a clean slate proved impossible. Ultimately, it was their head-to-head that mattered most. The match didn't disappoint and over three sets, just went Niccolò. Brilliant tennis from both and all who got on court!
- Niccolò Massa 9.2 [W5, L2] 20 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Markus Babra 10.2 [W4, L2] 18 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Alex Hicks 7.2 [W3, UF1] 10
- Harry Monthen [W2, L2] 8
- Alessio Xien Zhou 8.2 [W2, L2] 8
- Jose Ojeda 10.2 [W1, L3, UF1] 8
- Horatio Waller [L4] 5
- Simon Korn [L2] 3
Match of the Group:Niccolò Massa bt Markus Babra (Feb 19) 4-6, 6-4, [10-6]
Three newcomers to the league in this group - welcome! - and one of them, Darpan, proved the man to beat. This was an excellent debut performance, five straight sets and to underline his scheduling skills, bonus points as well. Dan and Nicolas kept up the points pressure but couldn't quite catch our new champ. Well played all!
- Darpan Vasudev [W5] 17 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Dan Graham [W3, L2, UF1] 15 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Nicolas Zavvos [W4, L2] 14
- Fred Speirs [W1, L4] 11 includes 2 bonus points
- Rodi Ihatsu [W2, L1, UF1] 7
- Stefan Vogel [W1, L2] 5
- Olivier Vinciguerra [L4] 5
- Amaury Genovese [L1] 1
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentDarpan Vasudev bt Nicolas Zavvos (Jan 25) 7-6 (8-6), 6-3
Very well done to Marios who makes it two group wins in a row and massively upped the number of matches he played. The wins were up too, four to his couple of losses. All that made for an exciting finish and had Mark got even one more match played and won he would have caught Marios. Excellent scheduling throughout the group... all but one player got their bonus points!
- Marios Theodotou [W4, L2] 16 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Mark Gough [W4] 14 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Jesus Garcia Gomez [W3, L2] 14 includes 2 bonus points
- James Thornton 9.1 [W2, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points
- Dylan Dryden 10.2 [W1, L3] 9 includes 2 bonus points
- Philippine Aubry [L5] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Ethan Saggu [L1] 2
Match of the Group:Marios Theodotou bt Dylan Dryden (Jan 18) 6-4, 2-6, [12-10]
Oh dear, what happened! Just the one match played. At least we have a winner. So well done Gurbir on that. Don't forget we will help get matches set up and played. Just reach out to us.
- Gurbir Singh 10.2 [W1] 3 WINNER
- Jillian Anderson 10.2 [L1] 1 RUNNER UP
- Hanqi Zhou
- Hugh Thomson
- Joanne Cumper
- Jon Stigwood 9.2 withdrawn
- Marc Delehanty
- Robin Rudd 9.2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentGurbir Singh bt Jillian Anderson (Mar 3) 4-1, 4-0
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Regents Park archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Regents Park.
You earn one point for every set you win and a point for completing a match. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
In this short-format approved league, matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, and do count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)