Friendly, competitive tennis on Regents Park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are played to short-set format; if a set reaches 4 games all, the next game decides the set. If the match reaches a set all, a matchtiebreak is played (see link on right)
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllRegents Park Singles - Round 36 | Thursday 30 November 2017 to Wednesday 7 February 2018 (Midpoint: Wednesday 3 January 2018)
It was another successful round in Regents Park Tennis League with over two thirds of matches played and lots of competitive tennis in each of the groups. Many of you braved inclement weather conditions, including icy surfaces, to get your matches played and there were some tight scorelines with matches going to the wire in the third set. Thanks to all of you for taking part and we hope to see you back for more great tennis in the next round!
Congratulations to league debutant Joao for coming top of a very competitive group, with the top 2 players tied on 19 points. Joao edged ahead though by winning one more match than runner up Stephen including crucially their head to head, a really close 3 set match which went to 10-5 in the third set tiebreak. Honours for the closest match go to Daniel and Stephen, with Daniel eventually prevailing 14-12 in the final set, while Stelian also had a tough win over Niccolo. Some great tennis across the group!
- Joao Salvado [W5, L2] 19 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Stephen Jones 6.2 [W4, L3] 19 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Martin Beecroft 5.2 [W5] 15
- Stelian Rosca 9.1 [W2, L5] 14 includes 2 bonus points
- Niccolò Massa [W2, L4] 13 includes 2 bonus points
- Daniel Potter 10.2 [W3, L1] 10
- George Henton [W1, L3] 7
- Nuno Ferrinha [L4] 4
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentDaniel Potter bt Stephen Jones (Dec 14) 2-4, 5-3, [14-12]
It was a successful debut in Regents Park Tennis League for group winner Istvan, who played impressively to win all 6 of his matches to finish 3 points clear of runner up Richard. Richard was tied on match wins with third placed Laurent, both winning 4 matches, however Richard's scheduling skills in playing an extra match and picking up the midway bonus points saw him finish 4 points clear. Kudos to Laurent though for winning their head to head (which was played in 2 sessions either side of the New Year)! There were great 3 set matches wins for Gary and Olivier, showing it was a competitive group throughout!
- Istvan Hoffer [W6] 20 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Richard Barnes 9.1 [W4, L2] 17 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Laurent Frisch 9.2 [W4, L1] 13
- Olivier Vinciguerra [W2, L4] 12 includes 2 bonus points
- Sebastien Hung 10.1 [W2, L3] 11 includes 2 bonus points
- Gary Young [W1, L4] 10 includes 2 bonus points
- David Stark 9.1 [L6] 7
- Alex Hicks 8.1 [W1] 3
Match of the Group:Gary Young bt David Stark (Jan 11) 1-4, 5-3, [10-6]
Congratulations to Richard for jumping 3 places to finish top of the group in emphatic style, winning all 5 of his matches and finishing 5 points clear of runner up Bora. The match of the group was James' impressive 3 set win over Peter, which went to 10-4 in the championship tiebreak, while Bora played well to prevent his match against James going to a final set.
- Richard Keep [W5] 15 WINNER
- Bora Molla 9.1 [W3, L1] 10 RUNNER UP
- James Thornton 9.1 [W1, L3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Abel Evertse [W1, L1] 4
- Robin Rudd 9.2 [L2] 2
- David Wake 9.1 [L2] 2
- Peter Newman 9.1 [L1] 2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentJames Thornton bt Peter Newman (Dec 9) 4-2, 1-4, [10-4]
Congratulations to Eleanor for taking the group crown with 4 match wins and no defeats, finishing one point clear of runner up and league returner Louis. Louis just sneaked ahead of Vipan by scheduling his matches early to secure the midway bonus points, although Vipan has the honour of winning their head to head in the third set tiebreak. Vipan also came back from a set down to win the group's other 3 setter, this time against Tom. Congratulations also to Louis and Tom for staying on their feet in icy conditions for their match!
- Eleanor Dorran 9.1 [W4] 12 WINNER
- Louis Schwizgebel [W2, L2] 11 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Vipan Nar [W3, L1] 10
- Tom Keeling [W1, L3] 9 includes 2 bonus points
- Julie Lasso 10.2 [L3] 3
- Vibushan Sri-Pathma [L1] 1
- Tim Lomas
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentVipan Nar bt Louis Schwizgebel (Dec 19) 2-4, 4-0, 5-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Regents Park archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for Regents Park.
You earn one point for every set you win and a point for completing a match. Matches are short format. See here for details. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)