Continuing his comeback, Andy Murray will be getting some crucial match practice at an ATP Challenger event hosted by the Rafa Nadal Academy in Mallorca. Having made 4 trips there, LTL can offer the 3 times Grand Slam champ the following tips
- As a dedicated fan of the ice bath, you won't want to miss the one in the fabulous spa at the Academy. It's accessed via a ladder, a bit like going through a hole in the ice in the Arctic. Trophies could be accommodated if you want to repeat your Wimbledon-trophy-in-the-ice-bath-shot.
- No need for single use plastic here! You can fill up your water bottle from one of the taps on the path between the hard courts.
- If you do run into any LTL players, they do like a selfie!
- Popp is the local nightclub in Manacor. Rafa has been a regular here, so they are used to stars and unlikely to call the paparazzi.
- Sorry we won't be there for our legendary quiz night but do write a question for the next one and leave it with the waitress Mercedes who is half Scottish, half Spanish (you will recognise her by her Glaswegian accent).
- There are great, old fashioned toy shops in town for a gift for your girls
- Instead of "Andy's Granny's Homemade Shortbread" try an ensaimada (it looks like a coiled sausage but it's sweet and tastes great).
- Don't forget a cap for the pool. They are not flattering but no one will notice if you swim fast
- Ask for the suite (room 200).
Play on the same courts Andy will be playing on! The Rafa Nadal Academy is running a new Seniors (30+) tournament for recreational players from 27 October to 3 November. Click here for details and get 12% off with the promo code LTL12