Friendly, competitive tennis on GDT Slough's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for men and women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllGDT Slough Singles - Round 13 | Thursday 29 November 2018 to Wednesday 6 February 2019 (Midpoint: Wednesday 2 January 2019)
Over half the matches were played in this round, with several players getting their bonus points. Not bad with with Christmas and New Year to be squeezed in too - we even had matches on Boxing Day! A very tight battle for the top of Group 1 with Frank sadly retiring against Falco in their duel that may have decided the top two places - is this a rivalry that will continue? Group 2 had some great matches with Darren the eventual winner and Namfon a close second. Well done to everyone who played in this round and we look forward to seeing you in the next one!
Some great tennis played during this group with true LTL spirit shining through several of the on-court battles with score lines flipping from one side to the other! It looks like the festive season took its toll a little on matches played, with no one getting their bonus points in this group - New Year Resolutions for the next round? Well done to Falco for 5 victories to top the leader board. Frank finished a close runner-up, and it must have been a difficult decision to retire in his match against Falco as the score suggests it was a very tight battle up to that point! We hope to see this rivalry continue in the next round! Congratulations also to Sukhveer for battling through when suffering from tight calf muscles - we all know how painful that can be!
- Falco Niekoop 8.1 [W5] 10 WINNER
- Frank Bulley 8.1 [W4, L1] 9 RUNNER UP
- Nik Rudge [W3, L2] 6
- Roger Parkin 9.1 [W2, L3] 5
- Sukhveer Dhillon [W1, L4] 4
- Rob Griffiths 8.2 [L5] 1
- Luke Beckley 9.2
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentRoger Parkin bt Sukhveer Dhillon (Jan 2) 5-7, 6-4, 6-0
Some great tennis played this round and several players got their bonus points - not easy during the busy festive season! Congratulations to Darren for topping the leader board this time, with Namfon a close second; both players had some great matches with some close scores. Well done to Hellinda who played the most matches, including one on Boxing Day - that's the dedication and commitment level of LTL players in a nutshell! She's clearly enjoying her tennis and appreciates a good battle and good opponents on the court. We look forward to seeing everyone again in the next round!
- Darren Lutchman [W4] 8 WINNER
- Namfon Dithian [W3, L1] 7 RUNNER UP
- Leo Felton [W2, L2] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Ivaylo Nikolov 10.1 [W2] 4
- Hellinda Smith [W1, L5] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Saviour Mathew [W1, L1] 2
- Daniel Rivett [L4]
- Peter Howells
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentDarren Lutchman bt Namfon Dithian (Jan 26) 1-6, 7-5, 6-3
Looking for previous matches? Visit the GDT Slough archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for GDT Slough.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Please note, while matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, singles matches completed to this shortened format, do not count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)