Friendly, competitive tennis on St Helens & Halton' public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for men and women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- Groups are put together by standard and there can be any combination of men and women in a group (we do not guarantee a balance of men and women and you could be the only man in a group of women or vice versa!)
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everyone over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllSt Helens & Halton Singles - Round 1 | Thursday 25 July 2019 to Wednesday 18 September 2019 (Midpoint: Wednesday 21 August 2019)
From small acorns, big things grow and the St Helens and Halton league got underway with 100 percent of all possible matches being played. Thank you so much for being our league pioneers. Here's to the next round and if you can spread the word we would be most grateful!
An excellent round from everyone, but in particular Neil who didn't drop a set on his way to the group win. Interestingly, it was JP who came closest - JP can count himself unlucky to have ended up in fifth place! The two Damon's battled it out for second place with Damon S just edging it in an exciting three setter.
- Neil Brennan [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Damon Shetty 10.1 [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Damon Daniels 9.2 [W2, L2] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Ryan Paden 10.2 [W1, L3] 5 includes 2 bonus points
- JP Ram [L4]