Friendly, competitive tennis on West Ham Park & Newham's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the West Ham Park & Newham league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
New courts and coaching team at West Ham Park
Come and see the fantastic, renewed courts at West Ham Park! The park has appointed coaching team TenniscomeTrue to deliver tennis coaching programmes at West Ham Park. They are offering a wide variety of lessons and programmes for all ages and levels at an affordable price. See here for the adult courses.
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllWest Ham Park & Newham Singles - Round 22 | Thursday 1 December 2016 to Wednesday 8 February 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 4 January 2017)
This was a quieter round in West Ham, perhaps the winter weather and festive period didn't leave much time to get on the court. Thanks to everyone who got involved, we hope you enjoyed yourselves. We look forward to seeing this league grow in 2017!
Joe mastered the art of winning close contests as he finished victorious in hard fought matches against Vicente, Ivan and Phil - well played Joe. Two comfortable wins for Anthony gave him the runner up position, a shame we didn’t get to see a match between the top two.
- Joe Chacholiades 8.1 [W3] 6 WINNER
- Anthony Aikulola [W2] 4 RUNNER UP
- Oliver Constance [W1] 2
- Vicente Gil 10.1 [W1, L2] 2
- Theodore Moseley 10.1 [W1, L1] 2
- Ivan Georgiev 8.1 [L4] 1
- Phil Down [L1]
Match of the Group:Joe Chacholiades bt Vicente Gil (Feb 7) 7-5, 7-6 (7-5)
This group didn’t really get going as only four matches were played – please do let us know if there is anything we can do to help more tennis get played. Jonathan showed that getting on the court brings success as his two victories and set won in his match against Marek (which unfortunately couldn’t be finished) comfortably put him in pole position. Here’s to more tennis next time!
- Jonathan Molloy 8.2 [W2, UF1] 5 WINNER
- Marek Kacirek [W1, UF1] 3 RUNNER UP
- Andrei Todoran 10.1 [L1]
- Mark Osmond 10.2 [L2]
- George Moore
- James Partin 10.2
- Kamal Ibrahim
- Mungo Plumb 10.2
Match of the Group:Jonathan Molloy v Marek Kacirek (Dec 17) 2-6, 6-4 TBC
A superb performance from Alejandro who pulled clear of the field with five convincing victories. Josh couldn’t quite keep up with the pace set by Alejandro but showed fine form to claim second place. Well played all!
- Alejandro Talavera [W5] 10 WINNER
- Josh Cook 10.2 [W4, L1] 8 RUNNER UP
- Jenny Challis [W1, L2] 2
- Richard O'halloran 10.2 [W1, L2] 2
- Chi Ukachuku 10.2 [W1, L4] 2
- Jonathan Ely 10.2 [L3]
- Ade Afolabi 9.2
Match of the Group:Josh Cook bt Jenny Challis (Jan 28) 6-4, 7-6 (7-5)
Looking for previous matches? Visit the West Ham Park & Newham archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for West Ham Park & Newham.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)