Friendly, competitive tennis on West Ham Park & Newham's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
We will add you to the e-mail notifications of upcoming rounds. If you would like to stop receiving these e-mails just let us know
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllWest Ham Park & Newham Singles - Round 28 | Thursday 12 April 2018 to Wednesday 6 June 2018 (Midpoint: Wednesday 9 May 2018)
A good round to get the summer season underway in West Ham and Newham. There were some excellent scheduling skills on show alongside the terrific tennis. Congratulations to the new group champions and we hope to see you all again next time!
A case of deja vu for Anthony, who once again chalked up a fantastic five wins and bonus points to take his second title on the bounce. Giuseppe also finished the round unbeaten with three victories from as many matches and claims a solid second place. Credit to Daniel who was the only player to play and complete every match.
- Anthony Aikulola [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Giuseppe Passino [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Syed Muzamil Baihaqi 8.2 [W1, L4, UF1] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Jiri Kurecka [W3, L1] 6
- Daniel Ion 9.2 [W2, L4] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Nicholas Abshagen [W1, L2, UF1] 3
- Miles Thomas 8.2 [L4] 3 includes 2 bonus points
Match of the Group:Daniel Ion bt Syed Muzamil Baihaqi (May 2) 7-5, 3-6, 6-4
Congratulations to Jonathan, who finished with a formidable five wins under his belt to take the gold. Runner up Marek also had a strong round storming through the three matches he played, so could he have gone one better if he had played a few more matches? Maybe we will find out next time. Great to see the majority of players taking home a bonus prize.
- Jonathan Molloy 8.2 [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Marek Kacirek [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Theodore Moseley 10.1 [W2, L1] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Nihar Baldev 10.1 [W2, L3] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Bruce Munro 10.2 [W1, L3] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Slobodan Janjcic [W1, L2] 2
- David Swan 10.1 [L5] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Munawer Shafi
Match of the Group:Jonathan Molloy bt Bruce Munro (May 7) 6-4, 7-6 (7-1)
Ihor stole the show in this group, finishing with a 100% winning record to comfortably take pole position. James certainly got his tiebreak practice in in this round, and he reaps the rewards of winning a couple of thrillers, by sneaking into second place. Kudos to Declan who, alongside James, made it onto court for the most matches.
- Ihor Chornous 10.1 [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- James Miller [W3, L3] 9 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Bogdan Bo [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Declan Duggan [W2, L4] 7 includes 2 bonus points
- Margarita Perez Herra [W2, L2] 6 includes 2 bonus points
- Vasco Silva [W2] 4
- Stephen Cinnamond [L4] 3 includes 2 bonus points
- Paulo Rosario [L2]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentDeclan Duggan bt Stephen Cinnamond (May 8) 6-3, 4-6, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the West Ham Park & Newham archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for West Ham Park & Newham.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)