Friendly, competitive tennis on West Ham Park & Newham's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
Not quite ready? Register your interest and we'll get back to you
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Contact details are emailed
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
New players will need to complete the player questionnaire before they can join a round. Once you’ve signed up, and for returning players you can join any of the upcoming rounds above.
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllWest Ham Park & Newham Singles - Round 25 | Thursday 3 August 2017 to Wednesday 27 September 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 30 August 2017)
What an exciting round for West Ham Park and Newham! There were plenty of tiebreaks and three-setters throughout the groups, and all players got some tight games, deuce points and long rallies. Thank you for the warm commentaries and lively match reports – it’s great to see that players were enjoying themselves while improving their techniques on the court! Well played everyone!
Asad and Gabriel had some great rallies, Gabriel and Jonathan were very closely matched, Foyaz used his strong forehand, and Ivan and Foyaz played a tight three sets! Congratulations to Ivan who comes top of the group, and to close runner-up Asad. A special mention to Ivan, Asad and Foyaz for scoring bonus points!
- Ivan Georgiev 8.1 [W4, L1] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Asad Shan [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Gabriel Dinu 9.1 [W2, L2] 4
- Foyaz Ahmed [L3] 3 includes 2 bonus points
- Jonathan Molloy 8.2 [L3]
- Stanislav Salnikov
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentIvan Georgiev bt Foyaz Ahmed (Aug 14) 5-7, 6-3, 6-2
Ihor and Andrei had an epic match with three sets and a tiebreak, Nayeem showcased his impressive serve and forehand, Andrew and Nayeem had a tight three-setter, and Giuseppe and Nayeem played some great winners! Congratulations to Nayeem who comes top of the group, and well done to Ihor, the only player in the group to score bonus points!
- Nayeem Nazarullah [W2, L2] 5 WINNER
- Giuseppe Passino [W2] 4 RUNNER UP
- Andrew Moist [W2] 4
- Ihor Chornous 10.1 [W1, L3, UF1] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Gintas Zubauskas [W1, UF1] 3
- Andrei Todoran 10.1 [L3] 1
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentIhor Chornous bt Andrei Todoran (Aug 29) 6-7 (4-7), 6-0, 6-2
A clean sweep of five match wins allowed Nicholas to claim the top spot this round – congratulations! It’s no coincidence that the two players at the top of the group this round were the only ones to score bonus points – keen match organisation can make all the difference! Richard and Jonathan had great rallies, Simon used his powerful slices, Jonathan showcased his strong volleys, and Vasco revealed his impressive forehand!
- Nicholas Abshagen [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Vitalii Tiutiunnyk 10.2 [W2, L3] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Richard O'halloran 10.1 [W3] 6
- Vasco Silva [W2, L1] 4
- Simon Prockter 9.2 [L2] 1
- Auri Klimas [L3]
- Jonathan Ely 10.2 [L3]
Match of the Group:Richard O'halloran bt Vitalii Tiutiunnyk (Sep 17) 6-2, 4-6, 7-5
Hassan was unbeaten for all five of his matches, meaning he comes top of Group 5 this round, with Bogdan as close runner-up. Margarita and Florin-Ionut had an epic battle of three sets and a tiebreak, Hugo and Bogdan had a tight three-setter, Maria and Hugo had a very close second set, and Hassan and Hugo had really good rallies!
- Hassan Sajid [W5] 12 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Bogdan Bo [W3, L2] 9 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Hugo Camacho [W2, L1] 4
- Margarita Perez Herra [W1, L3] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Florin-Ionut Antohi [L3] 3 includes 2 bonus points
- Maria Trofimova 10.1 [W1, L3] 2
Match of the Group:Margarita Perez Herra bt Florin-Ionut Antohi (Aug 27) 6-7 (6-8), 6-2, 6-4
Looking for previous matches? Visit the West Ham Park & Newham archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous rounds for West Ham Park & Newham.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)