Friendly, competitive tennis for women on Wimbledon Park's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our singles league for women (aged 18+) of all standards.
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Want to Get Playing?
From the dates above, choose your round and click on the Join By link.
FREE TENNIS BALLS
Every player who completes three matches by the midway point of any round is sent a FREE can of tennis balls! Plus there are great offers all the time in our shop.
This is how it works:
- Players are organised into groups of between 5 to 9 people of a similar standard
- It is a singles league just for women
- Groups are put together by standard
- Contact details are emailed and posted to each player's account page
- Players arrange their own matches
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is:
- For all women over the age of 18
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Don't worry that you won't be good enough - playing matches is the best way to improve, and we use an online questionnaire to assess people's ability so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three sets; if a set reaches 6 games all it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group. Contact details are also posted to your Account Page
- Players are placed in groups according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Each player attempts to play each of the other player on their group once during the round
- A point is awarded for each set won
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls)
- The winner of the group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winner of the group wins a voucher for £20 to be spent in the Local Tennis League online shop. A winner's certificate is also posted to the winner's Account Page as a PDF file.
- Where possible, winners of groups are promoted to the group above for the next round.
See here for the complete rules and regulations
If there is anything else you need help with get in contact with Nigel, Sally and the team who will be happy to help!
Collapse AllWimbledon Park Women's Singles - Round 10 | Thursday 24 September 2020 to Wednesday 4 November 2020 (Midpoint: Wednesday 21 October 2020)
A shame we had to end the round two weeks early due to lockdown but at least plenty of matches had already been played in both groups! A great effort all round and we look forward to getting going again soon!
Congratulations to Rebecca who finishes top of Group 1 thanks to 3 wins out of 4 plus a handy boost from earning midway bonus points. Jennifer and Anke led the chasing pack but Rebecca's gutsy win in their head to head helped her to top spot.
- Rebecca Quee 10.2 [W3, L1] 8 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Jennifer Barrass 10.2 [W2, L1] 5 RUNNER UP
- Anke Gosch 9.2 [W2] 4
- Rachel Kift 9.1 [W1, L2] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Hannah Buxton [W1, L2] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Louise Harris [L3] 3 includes 2 bonus points
- Tania Tyatina
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentRebecca Quee bt Jennifer Barrass (Oct 24) 6-0, 6-7 (6-8), 7-6 (8-6)
Well done to Larissa for finishing undefeated with 4 wins to take the Group 2 crown, while runner up Samantha was just 2 points adrift. There were no 3 set matches in this group... but perhaps they would all have come on the final two weekends!
- Larissa Reyes [W4] 10 includes 2 bonus points WINNER
- Samantha Metzelaar 9.2 [W3, L2] 8 includes 2 bonus points RUNNER UP
- Isobel Stephen 8.2 [W3, L1] 6
- Sarah Stephens 10.2 [W1, L4] 4 includes 2 bonus points
- Lydia Hicks 10.2 [W1, L2] 2
- Anca Tacu [L3]
Match of the Group:Reveal CommentIsobel Stephen bt Samantha Metzelaar (Oct 11) 6-3, 6-0
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Wimbledon Park Women's archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles matches for Wimbledon Park Women's.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a bonus prize (typically a free can of HEAD tennis balls). Bonus prizes must be claimed within 28 days using the link posted to the player's Account page. The link is also emailed to players.
Please note, while matches tied at one set all may be completed with a matchtiebreak, singles matches completed to this shortened format, do not count toward bonus points.
Understanding the current rankings display:
Player name, [LTA rating - if known], W - tally of wins, L - tally of losses, UF - tally of unfinished matches] 'n' - points won (if bonus points have been won a note to this effect is added)
Reporters of results are encouraged to leave a comment on the "Report Your Score" form. Additional commentaries may be added by submitting a result revision (see the pencil icon next to your results)