Adur & Worthing Tennis League
Welcome to the league!
Friendly, competitive tennis on Worthing's public courts
You are just a step away from joining our mixed-sex, singles league for adults (aged 18+).
If you have been meaning to get back into tennis, want to set yourself a challenge or would like to meet new people to play, why not give it a go!
Close matches, close by.
Interested in this League?
Join The League
New rounds for the Adur & Worthing league start regularly. See next round dates and entry fees above. Entries close the Monday before a round starts. You are never committed to joining more than one round and round usually last eight weeks (ten weeks where we also run doubles rounds).
We offer unbelievable prices on tennis balls. And league members get extra savings!
This is how it works
- Players are organised into groups of up to 8 people of a similar standard
- Players arrange their own matches
- It is a mixed sex, singles league, so men and women play each other
- You can play on any court that suits both players
The league is
- For everybody!
- We welcome beginners as well as advanced players.
- Players are grouped by ability, so you play only people of a roughly similar level
- Affiliated to the LTA
- For adults aged 18 years and above
- Matches are best of three tie break sets; if a set reaches 6 games all, it is decided by a tiebreak
- The evening before the round starts you will receive an email with all the contact details of the players in your group
- Players are grouped according to past performance in the league and, for new players, their Player Standard Questionnaire
- Everyone in the group plays each other once during the round
- You get one point for each set you win
- If you complete three matches before the midpoint of a round you receive 2 bonus points and a bonus prize (either a pair of Local Tennis Leagues dampeners, or a tube of tennis balls).
- The winner of each group is the player with the most points at the end of the round
- The winners get a certificate and tennis prizes
- Where possible, winners of the groups (and sometimes the top two) are promoted for the next round; those who come bottom (and sometimes the bottom two) are demoted
New to the league?
Click on the round you want to join (see the links above) and we will guide you though the process! You will be asked to pay the round fee and complete the player questionnaire which will help us get you great matches.
If you would like to register before you commit to a round, complete the form here...
Choose the round you wish to join from your account page, or choose from the links at the top of the page. And let the tennis begin!
If there is anything else you need help with contact us and we will be happy to help!
Set in the attractive surroundings of Manor Park, adjacent to the A27, Impulse Leisure - Lancing Manor provides easy access and ample free parking.
Platinum & Platinum Plus can book 8 days in advance, Standard member 7 days in advance, see here
For more information about the centre, see here
Daylight – Platinum, Standard & Non-member - £6.10
Floodlit – Platinum, Standard & Non-member - £10.10
Platinum plus – Free
Six all weather, floodlit tennis courts available throughout the year.
Field Place is a fine 18th Century Manor House set in eight acres of spacious grounds and a great place to play tennis!
October-March, Monday to Friday 9am-10 pm; Saturday and Sunday 9am-6 pm. April-September, Monday to Friday 9am-10 pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am-9pm.
League members can play their matches here for £6 per hour instead of £7
Booking: Members and non members may book online: see here
Church House Grounds
This attractive park was laid out in 1936, the year Fred Perry won Wimbledon and incorporates one bowling green, two hard tennis courts and an ornamental garden.
Park open each day (summer) from 10 am to dusk except Tuesdays 12.30 pm to dusk.
Davison Leisure Centre
The Davison Leisure Centre is located off Ladydell Road in East Worthing and is on the same site as Davison High School for Girls.
League members can benefit from members prices and the privilege of booking seven days in advance for league matches during the round they have paid for. Please note, however, to take advantage of this courts must be booked in person or by phone, and not online.
Courts are available from 5.30pm during the summer and weekdays and from 9.30am at weekends. Please contact the centre for winter evening availability.
Prices the same as Field Place: £6.20 per hour (£5.40 for members). Floodlit courts £11.20 (£10.40).
From 1st April, 2012: £5.60 members, £6.60 non-members
Contact the park keeper to make a booking
Collapse AllAdur & Worthing Singles - Round 14 | Thursday 24 November 2016 to Wednesday 1 February 2017 (Midpoint: Wednesday 28 December 2016)
- Paul Ramsden 8.2 [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- John Marion [W3] 8 includes 2 bonus points
- Lloyd Crathern [W3, L1] 6
- Tim Eady [L3] 2 includes 2 bonus points
- Michael Inns [L2]
- Rachel Meates [L3]
- Bernardo Francisco Contrera Jimenez
- Gerald Mackenzie
- Helen Owen 10.1
- Max Ferretti
- Steve Mitchell
Looking for previous matches? Visit the Adur & Worthing archive.
The results listed here include the current and previous round of Singles and Doubles matches for Adur & Worthing.
You earn one point for every set you win. Players who complete three or more matches by the mid-point of the round receive 2 bonus points, and a free can of balls which we will post to you.
Player, [LTA rating], [win/loss/tie tally], points won
We want to know what you thought of the match! Email us your comments to be included here. Be sure to include the following:
- League Name
- Singles / Doubles
- Group Number
- Your Name (optional)